Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reflective Essay

When I began this project I was very excited, I thought that I would just pick up Maya right away and make beautiful 3D models, but that however was not the case. I found out quite quickly that Maya is a very complicated program with many functions, of which I figured out very few.

In my research I chose images that I thought would look good as 3D models, instantly I thought of the Lord of the Rings tower fortresses and set out to find a photo. What I found out about Maya later though when I rendered my first image is that the lighting is not the best for seeing certain kinds of detail, and that if I did make a model of the Gondor like I intended it would most likely not show all the hard work I would have to put into it.

Of the images I did choose to make into models the Metropolis sky scraper was my favorite in Maya while I was creating it, but when I rendered it the tower lost all the little details that made it look cool. So I would have to say that my favorite finished picture would be the second one because I think I got the angle of the camera just right that it looks like the research picture, as well as the placement of the buildings really gives a good sense of depth.

Thanks for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment